GAY - N - SOBER: RANDOM MUSINGS

Hi! I'm a single gay male with over 2 years sober from alcohol in the Metro Detroit area. My therapist always told me to write down what I was thinkin' to help clear out my head. Well, I've finally takin' her advice. I hope that you enjoy reading this blog as much as I enjoy writing it. Thanks again for visiting and please tell me what you think of what you read! Peace! Mark

Friday, November 11, 2005

MY FIRST BLOG POSTING!!

Hello! Welcome to my FIRST blog posting ... ever! I've always heard about "blogging" on the news and stuff. Plus, my good friend Rick (www.divergent09.blogspot.com) has been using his blog to keep us folks here in Michigan updated on his adventures in Taipaei, Taiwan (you'll just have to go to his blog to find out what I mean by "adventures"!!). So, I was sitting here at my usual hang out in Ferndale, MI - the Java Hut - and I thought it was about time that I add my two cents to the internet world at large.
So, let's start with a little bit about me: I'm 41, obviously a Gay male (no! not by my nelly nature - but by my own blog post above!), single still after 2 years (more on that later) and sober now for over 2 years (but three years in the recovery program). I still live in the house my last ex (Jaddi) and I purchased over 5 years ago (this past October! wow!). Jaadi and I have been broken up for as long as I've been sober - (yea, alot more on that later, too!). I do live with my cat Seven of Nine, whom I call "Seven" (kudos to those of you who know the Star Trek reference!). Oh, by the way, the 3 things I love most about life:
CHER, cute boys, coffee and CHER!
So, back to sittin' at the Java hut and my wow moment: it's amazing to me that I can sit in this small, little shop; very disconnected to those around me since I'm wearing headphones to tune them all out! Yet, because of how my life is "interconnected" now, I still manage to "run into" someone I know from some recovery program! Considering, around this time 3 years ago - I was a little over 5 months clean with literally only ONE friend in the world! Now, my cell phone is full of numbers, people constantly call me, and I am always seeing friends at Java. I used to feel that my whole self - worth was wrapped around walking into a bar and everyone shouting my name or running up to me to tell me the lastest dish! I was all about bein' in other people's biz and definitly NOT taking care of my own! Today, I sit here secure in who I am - no longer craving that chaos I used to think was my life. I no longer hunger for that false sense of self - worth based off of dishin' about other people's drama! Today, I can sit serenly in a local coffee shop, secure enough in my self to just say hi to ANYONE that happens by!
Even without - gasp! - any JUDGEMENT. wow.
I just wanted to share my "wow" moment with you.
Thanks for stopping by,
Mark

3 Comments:

  • At 10 November, 2005 21:27, Blogger BnB said…

    Design a Wine Label
    They gave away samples to a whole bunch of UK, Irish and French bloggers earlier this year.
    Hi, I was just blog surfing and found you! If you are interested, go see my drink related site. It isnt anything special but you may still find something of interest. Come in and check it out if you get time :-.

     
  • At 11 November, 2005 13:09, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Honey! It's nice to see you using your new laptop, just think if it hadn't been for a seemingly nasty event, a robery, none of what your doing this moment would be posssible.
    (Strike that you would be on my computer searching manhunt!)
    It's all about the blessings baby, and CHER.

    Oh yah the other comment is someguy selling something.
    luv,
    jen

     
  • At 18 November, 2009 00:54, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
    Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home